Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis

Open Your Mind.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation: Story One

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tal
Admin
Tal

Character Creation: Story One Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation: Story One   Character Creation: Story One Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

Let's take a closer look at character creation, apposed to the general rules of the system.

There are two ways to generate characters. Pick one, stick with it.

In both methods your goal is to fill these slots.

STR
DEX
END
INT
WIS

STR = strength (none of the "stg" nonsense here Evil or Very Mad .) Strength will determine your character's muscle mass, how much they can carry, how hard they can hit (both with their body, and weapons,) and the effectiveness of any other feat that requires significant force delivered by your character's body.

DEX = dexterity. Dexterity governs any action that requires bodily mobility, and/or precision. This means aiming with any weapon, dodging, dancing, back flips, or whatever other movement you can imagine. DEX and STR are often rolled together.

END = endurance. Endurance determines your body's overall resilience. It represents how long you can sustain actions, take a beating, a general mental stability, and stick-to-itness.

INT = intelligence. Intelligence represents your IQ. I use intelligence to determines your effectiveness at mental tasks that happen over an extended period of time. Think of your INT as the power of your contentiousness. Used for puzzle solving, logic, and processing of information gained through your senses.

WIS = wisdom. Wisdom works as intelligences counterpart. You can think of it as your subconscious. I use WIS most often to gather information. Any sort of alertness roll is directly related to your wisdom. Those with keen wisdom could also gain information with their intuition as well, at times. INT and WIS are often intertwined, and interchangeable.

Method one:

RANDOM! bounce (If you are an unlucky person, do not pick this!)

Open a PM to me, put in six (not five) rolls of 2d6, then send it.

This will come up as six set of numbers representing your stats. Add the sets together, so you have six numbers. Please remove the number you do not want as one of your stats (I suggest the lowest, but hey to each their own,) and allocate the remaining numbers to the slot you wish them to be in. If you don't care, keep them in the order you rolled them.

Example:
Tal sends in a random roll and gets 9, 5, 8, 12, 7, 5, after adding the sets together.

He drops one of the fives from the group, and is left with 9, 5, 8, 12, 7.

He decides on STR 7 DEX 12 END 5 INT 9 WIS 8.

If, by chance, you fail miserably at this roll and end up with a COMPLETELY unplayable character, I'll allow a re-roll. But, don't count on it. It's the fun of gambling, your stuck with your result.

Onto method B!

The safe route. On average will give you less points, but there is no risk. 30 points allocate them as you wish. Remember max is 12.

What do the points mean? Snake eyes (that's a two), means you are virtually incapable of anything requiring this stat, don't do it! 3 is not much better. 4 and 5 you suck, but at least you can give it a go, and come out on top from time to time. 6 and 7, you're about on par with the rest of the people in the world, it just chalks up to luck most the time. 8 and 9, you're good, and in a fair match have a good chance to come out over the average bloke. 10, and 11 very good, you excel, and find this stat to be reliable most the time. 12 You rock, I hope you didn't sacrifice too much for this!
Back to top Go down

Character Creation: Story One
Page 1 of 1