Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis

Open Your Mind.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The System: Story One

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tal
Admin
Tal

The System: Story One Empty
PostSubject: The System: Story One   The System: Story One Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am

Ok, guys... or as it appears gal... female... singular. o.o

Uh... anyway. For this story we are going to be using a loose system. First thing I want to say about this system is it's only a guideline.

If you ever think myself, or any other player (if we get more in this story) is being unfair, feel free to ask for a die roll. I see dice as only necessary to resolve conflict, amongst yourselves or with the environment (including NPCs.) It's a general system, with a limited variety of dice rolls. My suggestion, play out your character in text, roll if you want, or if I'm not sure if your character would succeed I will ask for a roll. This system is going to demand some trust from me, though.

I reserve the right to ignore any roll that I want to. I know that sounds godmodish, but I will do my best not to abuse that. The reason I reserve this right is because this system can get you in trouble very fast. It is heavily reliant on luck, and I would hate to see you get owned on a leisurely walk home after an epic fight, just cause your luck is down. It's all in the name of keeping things realistic, though sometimes a well timed snake eyes is hilarious to punish. Twisted Evil

With the disclaimers out of the way we shall now proceed with the actual system!

2d6 will be rolled all of the time. Cast your ideas of the d10 system aside! It will bring you no bounty here!

This, of course, means that any roll can fall between 2 and 12. Given the combinations of 2d6 rolled together, 7 is the most common outcome, and as thus will be used as your average challenge rating for actions.

With that said, and forgive me if I jump around too much for you, lets chat a bit about the character sheet, and mods.

Character Sheet:

Name

Str
Dex
End
Int
Wis

Skills

And done!

Ok, hold off on questions about skills for a minute, lets chat about your stats.

Each stat runs from 2-12. This is so you can randomly roll them if you wish, but please PM the rolls to me if you choose to build a character this way (more on that elsewhere.) Each number between 2-12 represents a modifier when concerning stats. These mods are as follows.

2, 3 = -2

4, 5 = -1

6, 7 = 0

8, 9 = 1

10, 11 = 2

12, 13 = 3

Ok to now that we have our mods ranging from -2 through 3 what do we do with them? Glad you asked! When rolling to so something the format is as follows.

2d6 + relative mod + relative skill = final tally

Example:
Tal has dex 12, and gun combat 1! He wants to shoot a kitten.

He describes his intend in appropriate detail, then rolls.

After rolling 2d6 he comes out with a 5. His mod for dex is 3.

5 + 3 + 1 = 9

Because the diff was 7 (the kitten didn't see it coming!), he succeeds.

(No kittens were harmed in the execution of this example.)

Ok, so onto skills! Your not guna have a ton, get over it!

In this system a single point can go a long ways, I will decide how to appoint skills later, but to give you an idea of what to expect I will say nobody will ever see a skill over 5 (V). That is godly. Expect to only have a point or two in a small number of skills that you excel greatly at.

I will sometimes demand a penalty on rolls. This can be from having not skills in that area, factors you don't know about, or an impairment on your part, (such as pain.) These aren't going to be very consistent, I apologize for that, but please remember I do my best to treat every situation, and every roll individually. Please, for both our sakes, don't view this as unfairness.

When I give a negative it will deduct from your total tally after rolls mod and skill.

If you ever believe I'm being unfair tell me, immediately. Politely if you can, if not take it to PMs, please.
Back to top Go down

The System: Story One
Page 1 of 1