Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis

Open Your Mind.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combat. *shivers*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tal
Admin
Tal

Combat. *shivers* Empty
PostSubject: Combat. *shivers*   Combat. *shivers* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Ok, I've gotten some questions about the combat system. *shivers* So I'm guna do a write up on it. Here we go.

Throughout the system you will be rolling 2d6 for nearly everything. We only have a few players so it isn't going to kill me to add the modifiers for you. This keeps others from knowing your mods without at least some mathematical effort.

First, traditionally rounds last 15 seconds! I'm going to be shortening that considerably, to fit in with what we are more used to. We can expect one action per round, unless I specify otherwise.

If, and that's if, I call for initiative you will roll 2d6. I'll be adding your int mod and your dex mod to this. No, skills such as gun combat, or martial arts are NOT going to speed up your reflexes in initiative. Sorry. (Though they should help with reflexes in dodging, and attacking)

Initiative: Going first is extremely valuable in this combat system! It allows you to attack anybody who is "flat-footed" (doesn't see the attack coming, and hasn't gotten to their initiative to anticipate it either), without giving them a chance to dodge.

We will roll initiative, and work from higher initiate to lowest. Pretty standard for the forums.

Health: Ok, you do NOT have a health pool, per se. You have three physical stats STR DEX and END. When you take damage the highest one of these stats (or I'll randomize one if they are even) is hit. The damage the attack inflicts is deducted from that stat, and that stat alone.

If/when the stat is reduced to zero you go unconscious, and further damage is taken from the next highest up stat. When all of your physical attributes are reduced to zero you die.

This damage is temporary for the fight, and as such will effect your rolls. (If your dex is reduced to two you will have a -3 on all dex rolls for the fight.)

Healing: May I note you do NOT have bloodpoints to heal with! You have no healers! When you take damage you can expect it to be there for a while, so please be careful.

Blunt trauma, asphyxiation etc can all be healed relatively quickly. Within a scene or two I will usually heal it, if I don't, remind me.

Now more serious wounds, gun shots, blade wounds ect. First, they usually take some effort to treat directly after receiving the wound, or they get worse. First aid difficulty depends on the materials you have at your disposal, and the nature of the wound. After bound you can expect to heal about two points a day in this game, but I may be generous with that to help move plot along. But, still you could end up seriously hindered for a long time.

"Aggravated Wound!", fire, acid, zombie apocalypse, etc. Sucks to be you. Expect a long recovery time, and serious scaring from serious wounds of this nature.

Damage: First, before damage is calculated you must hit the target. This usually takes 2d6 + dex mod + relevant skill versus the subject's 2d6 + dex mod + relative skill to dodge. You must at least roll a seven (sometimes higher) to connect with even an unmoving target when using a weapon. Now, this said, to speed up play I may simply make the roll versus 7 + dex mod + relevant skill, for speed's sake. Though, if combat is ever PVP I will likely allow a roll.

Yes, you can dodge guns fire. Not bullets, mind you, but gun fire.

Now, assuming the attack was a success we calculate damage.

Unarmed: 1d4 + str mod - target's end mod.

Blade: small (kitchen knife/ pocket knife/ most improvised blades) 1d4 + str - target's end mod (takes longer to heal than unarmed)
medium (cbt dagger/cutlass) 1d6 + str - target's end mod
large (swords, and such) 2d4 + str - target's end mod
huge (very large cleaving weapons [str required]) 2d6 + str - target's end mod

GUNS!
small (most handguns) 2d4
medium (assault riffles, and such) 2d6
large (I'm not really sure...) more

Now, that the basics are down, let me explain crits. If on hitting you manage to roll a natural 12 (two 6s) you crit! his doubles your dmg ^_^
Likewise you can expect to hurt yourself on any natural 2s. ^_^

Jen, if you could leave this one open for now for questions. I'm sure there will be plenty. ^_^
Back to top Go down

Combat. *shivers*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Theatrum dus Oculus Mentis :: Character Sheet-
Jump to: